Our 2014 Reserve Pinot Noir has received an excellent 92 point rating from Wine Enthusiast Magazine:
“This is a barrel selection, and as such, may be expected to show extra layers of concentration—more stuffing overall. It’s a rich, smoky, lush wine, with a complex mix of red fruits ranging from rhubarb to raspberry to Bing cherries. Spicy highlights and a frame of orange peel also enter the picture… Drink 2018–2025.” – Paul Gregutt
This review posted in the December, 2016 issue of the magazine and at winemag.com. According to Senior Tasting Director Joe Czerwinski, Wine Enthusiast blind tastes wines for review and rates their wines according to a 100 point scale:
- Classic 98-100: The pinnacle of quality.
- Superb 94-97: A great achievement.
- Excellent 90-93: Highly recommended.
- Very Good 87-89: Often good value; well recommended.
- Good 83-86: Suitable for everyday consumption; often good value.
- Acceptable 80-82: Can be employed in casual, less-critical circumstances.
- Wines receiving a rating below 80 are not reviewed.