Our 2014 Roosevelt Pinot Noir has received a superb 94 point rating from Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
“From the first sniff to the last sip, this sensational effort seduces, with deep, rich, slightly roasted flavors of dense black fruits. The black cherry core is so intense it veers into cassis, with veins of espresso, Kahlua and cacao. It’s a powerful wine, perfectly framed and balanced by ripe tannins. It’s ready to drink now, but certainly a wine you may confidently cellar for at least another decade. Editors’ Choice” – Paul Gregutt
This review posted in the December, 2016 issue of the magazine and at winemag.com. According to Senior Tasting Director Joe Czerwinski, Wine Enthusiast blind tastes wines for review and rates their wines according to the following 100 point scale:
- Classic 98-100: The pinnacle of quality.
- Superb 94-97: A great achievement.
- Excellent 90-93: Highly recommended.
- Very Good 87-89: Often good value; well recommended.
- Good 83-86: Suitable for everyday consumption; often good value.
- Acceptable 80-82: Can be employed in casual, less-critical circumstances.
- Wines receiving a rating below 80 are not reviewed.