Cook Along with Elk Cove!
Each week Chef Amy shares a favorite recipe that uses common shelf-stable items from your pantry. The emphasis is on fun, easy recipes that pair well with Oregon wine.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Amy’s Takeout Style Green Curry, which we’re pairing with our 2018 Riesling:
- 1 lb chicken breast or pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cups mixed veggies, cut into 1 inch slices, I used bell pepper and asparagus
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup prepared green curry paste, recipe below
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
For the curry paste:
- 2 Tablespoons prepared curry paste
- ½ cup cilantro stems
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 inch of ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon lime peel
Blend all the ingredients for the curry paste in a food processor or mortar and pestle.
Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat and add a tablespoon of the fat from the coconut milk. When the fat is melted, add ½ cup of the green curry paste and sautee in the hot fat for a couple of minutes, until it is fragrant. Add the rest of the coconut milk and stir to incorporate. Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and let cook for 15 minutes.
Add the chicken or pork and the veggies, stirring to incorporate. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until the protein is cooked through. Turn off the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Add the lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar, tasting as you go, until the flavor is bright and balanced. Serve with rice if you would like, and of course a glass of Elk Cove Riesling!