Our 2014 Five Mountain Pinot Noir has received an excellent 91 points from Wine Enthusiast Magazine:
“Parts of this vineyard date back to the late 1970s. Scents of raspberries and cherries bloom from the glass, and the wine gains volume in the mouth. Dark fruits take center stage, tightly wound and showing threads of smoke, earth and dark chocolate.” – Paul Gregutt
The review posted in the December, 2016 issue of the magazine and at winemag.com. According to Senior Tasting Director Joe Czerwinski, Wine Enthusiast blind tastes wines for review and rates their wines according to a 100 point scale:
- Classic 98-100: The pinnacle of quality.
- Superb 94-97: A great achievement.
- Excellent 90-93: Highly recommended.
- Very Good 87-89: Often good value; well recommended.
- Good 83-86: Suitable for everyday consumption; often good value.
- Acceptable 80-82: Can be employed in casual, less-critical circumstances.
- Wines receiving a rating below 80 are not reviewed.