Cook Along with Elk Cove!
Scroll down for video instructions for our second weekly recipe: Spaghetti Carbonara. During the COVID-19 shutdown, we know many of you are cooking from home and would like some fresh inspiration for what to cook. We’re calling this series “Lockdown Kitchen.”
Each week Chef Amy and her sous-chef LJ will share a favorite recipe that uses common shelf-stable items from your pantry. The emphasis is on fun, easy recipes that pair well with Oregon wine.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Amy’s Spaghetti Carbonara (it’s so simple!):
- A bottle of Oregon Chardonnay – we’re serving the Pike Road 2018 Chardonnay
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguini or angel hair pasta
- 4 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 8 oz bacon or pancetta, diced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, or use a mix of parmesan, asiago, or romano- whatever you have!
- Salt and pepper to taste.
We’re pairing this with Pike Road Chardonnay ($18). If you don’t know our Sister Winery, check them out – this Chard was recently named one of the best in the world by Wine Enthusiast Magazine!